When does an employer have to pay workers’ compensation in Pennsylvania?
Even when an employer has excellent safety procedures, accidents can happen. If an employee is involved in a job-related accident resulting in bodily injury or suffers an occupational disease in the course of employment, the employer is subject to the risk of liability.
The Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act (Act), and caselaw interpreting it, establishes which claims are considered defensible and also what is considered fair compensation.
Greenbaum & Pinto offers workers’ compensation defense in Pennsylvania with a dedicated team of aggressive workers’ compensation attorneys. Although an injured worker deserves the compensation that he or she is entitled to receive when they are injured on the job, we believe that insurers and employers should only be required to pay whatthey legally owe. Because we know the intricacies of Pennsylvania workers’ compensation, we are able to resolve claims quickly and cost-effectively.
What sets Greenbaum & Pinto apart?
- Greenbaum & Pinto has dedicated team focusing on workers’ compensation, and we have developed a reputation for our honest and realistic case assessments and our prompt and candid evaluations of viable defenses.
- We are well-versed and experienced in the handling of Medicare Set-Asides and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) liability.
- We take an aggressive approach to workers’ compensation defense. Because Greenbaum & Pinto knows the law, the varying and complicated issues, and the workers’ comp system, we are able to take effective action on behalf of our clients.
- We handle a large case load of claims before the Administrative Law Judges (ALJ) throughout Pennsylvania, and appellate work before the Workers’ Compensation Appeal Board (WCAB), the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court, and the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
- We also aggressively address ancillary matters, such as return-to-work issues, modifications, terminations, UC, ADA, FMLA, COBRA, OSHA and HIPAA, that interconnect with workers’ compensation issues and can increase your exposure if not managed properly.
- Insurers appreciate our aggressive, cost-effective manner of defending and closing cases promptly.
- Our rates are competitive with other workers’ compensation practices, but our clients are guaranteed they will receive aggressive defense from seasoned lawyers.